Mulching is an important part of establishing and maintaining a garden. You must now be wondering how mulching benefits?
Here is what Wahat Al Sahraa Nursery experts have to tell you:
The benefits of mulching include:
- Improved absorption and retention of water and reduction of evaporation, leading to dramatically reduced water usage and more efficient uptake by plants.
- Improved soil fertility through increasing the nutrient amount and availability as the mulch breaks down, thereby reducing fertilizer use.
- Improved soil structure, erosion control and prevention of soil crusting creating an impervious layer on the soil surface
- It also controls weed formation
- Soil temperature control to support good bacteria and protects the surface roots from being cooked ( application of mulch after the plant is planted in a pot)
- Reduces maintenance by minimizing lawn areas, which also reduces the chance of damage to plants to cause by mowers and brush – cutters
- Greatly improved appearance of gardens and landscaping
- Mulching tip: Best time for mulching will be the month of April to retain the soil moisture – to be applied before summer takes a full swing. Replenishing or top up mulching can be carried out at any time throughout the year.
- Mulch is available in two different varieties at Wahat Al Sahraa Nurseries: pine bark mulch and wooden mulch